Friday, February 8, 2013

Shooting Exercise #2 - Point of View




First off, I had some fun with this week's assignment.  My object that I chose is actually something that I made on Thursday night.  I glued pages of a book to this mini paper mache mannequin I had in my closet.  I decorated it, as you can see, and tried my hardest to make it look different in each image.  Hope you like my images! :)

In front of Van Male Pool


In downtown Waukesha, Antique Mall

In front of Waukesha Historical Museum

In Waukesha's Antique Mall

Also in Waukesha's Antique Mall

3 comments:

  1. I like how the composition of these are so different from one another. From the first four pictures i couldn't really tell the size of the object, but on the last photo the viewer gets a hint of its real size because the objects around it put it into perspective. The shallow depth of field and unique angle really make the fourth photo stand out to me, Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a very creative idea to use the pool as a background in the first photo. It gives the photo a wash of color which contrasts nicely with your “object.” I would not have been able to tell what the background actually was or what the object was if you had not typed a description, but that is what makes the image so interesting. Of all the images the students have posted, I was drawn to this one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The object you chose is really clever and creative. Angles and colors were definitely addressed, as there is a wide variety. The first and second images are very strong, in my opinion, as far as color and composition goes. The green/blue of the pool creates a nice contrast between the mannequin and the background. Your decision to take the photograph as a close-up was a great idea. The antique, busy quality in the second image immediately catches my attention. The light coming from the lamp is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete